Thursday, November 26, 2015

Introduction

 



         Since I am a sophomore in high school, I only have a couple more years left of training before it is time for me to start looking for a job with a professional ballet company. Therefore, I thought it would be a appropriate time to start a blog to showcase my last crucial years of training. 

          My name is Marcelina and I am 15 years old. I am currently training at Colorado Ballet in their Pre-Professional trainee program. This is the last step of your training before being in the studio company. Therefore, I have a pretty busy schedule. I dance from 12-6 Monday-Friday and on Saturdays I take a technique class and then I'll have rehearsals for competition or whatever ballet the company is currently doing. On top of that, whenever I am at home I have to complete my high school classes online. So, I don't live the normal teenage life but that's just the sacrifice I am willing to take to help me become the best dancer I can be. For instance, a lot of my other friends outside of the pre-professional program are surprised when I can't hang out with them on most weekends or go to parties with them because I'm either at dance or studying. 

          I am currently recovering from an injury which I would elaborate on this in my next blog post. I am also just beginning five weeks of Nutcracker performances with the Colorado Ballet. And then, I am rehearsing for a competition called the Denver Ballet Guild. So, you can look forward to more blog posts on these topics later throughout this dance year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment